The Estimator Trainee works closely with our Body Shop Estimator to learn how to effectively diagnose and prepare all estimates for repair in an accurate, thorough, and profitable manner according to insurance partner and guidelines. Additionally, the Estimator Apprentice is responsible for communicating the value GMP provides, resulting in a high closed sales ratio.
- Greet each customer in a cheerful, positive manner to make him or her feel comfortable and welcome
- Survey damage on vehicles to create an estimate of repair; coordinate tear-down of vehicle as complete estimates in a timely manner
- Educate each customer about the repair invoiced in getting their vehicle repaired ( including insurance procedures, alternatives parts utilization, repair techniques, safety, value, etc.
- Follow up with customers about additional/supplemental damage and possible extended repair time when necessary.
- Follow up on unsold estimates on a daily basis. (24 to 48 hours after any unsold estimate is written)
- Follow up on all missed estimate appointments within one hour of the missed appointment.
- Review all prior damage noted (and document) and attempt to sell repair of same
- Verify who/how payment is to be made and document in communication notes
- For towed vehicles, the customer must be contacted by phone and all of the above items covered within 2 hours of vehicle arrival. Copies of all documents must be mailed or faxed to the vehicle owner. Create a repair order and schedule the vehicle for repairs.
- Add any pertinent notes to repair order as to “sold/unsold” estimates, special notes, etc. Provide the file to the General Manager
- Develop a follow-up system for all estimates not captured and for all completed jobs (24 to 48 hour follow up)
- Follow up with Technicians after vehicle tear down and make necessary adjustments to estimates if needed
- Inspect all incoming vehicles for unrelated damage, odometer reading etc
- Maintain a good rapport with all employees of GMP
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, training certification and/or ability required . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must posses excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, kneel or crouch in providing an accurate estimate of vehicles damage
- Should possess good decision making ability and sound judgement
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must possess a strong desire to learn and have an interest in the automotive industry
Education and/or Experience:
- High school Diploma/GED required
- 1-2 years related work experience is preferred
- Experience in a production auto body/body shop environment
- Prior customer service experience is a requirement